Sunday, August 20, 2006

Aug Drill

My unit had drill this weekend at the Camp Gruber training site near brags Oklahoma, the festivities for the weekend consisted of common task training and weapons qualification with the 9mm pistol and the M 249 squad automatic weapon. I dropped the saw gunner off and moved one of the other platoons to the blue devil recreation area so they could conduct their CTT training; then I had to go back out to the pistol range and qualify. It would be great if the First Sergeant would forget that I have a license to drive a bus after all being a combat bus driver isnt exactly what I had in mind when I came back into the guard. As far as shooting I actually did okay and managed to score expert. Later that day I went to check on the Saw gunner and they had just gotten up to the firing line and weren’t finished for hours after it was all said and done only 3 people out of 20 were able to qualify, the heat and a lack of an adjustment tool were the primary factor involved in this. The range officer wanted them to keep trying until they had all got passing scores Top showed up and put a stop to the insanity… thank god for a first sergeant who actually cares for his soldiers.

No comments: