Sunday, September 10, 2006

A short clarification

For some my politics might seem a little odd being that some of my thoughts that I have posted here represent someone who might be a “gasp” liberal or at very least a person with liberal leanings. More surprisingly is that I used to belong to the Republican Party. Most responsible individuals become affiliated with a political party that closely meshes with their values. Once upon a time it was the GOP; but over the years the Republican Party has been taken over by the religious right. I firmly believe that religion and politics are a volatile mixture; and of course with the events of the last 24 months have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Also I have always been a little quirky from time to time. While many of my comrades in arms thought that placing illegal combatants in Cuba without charge or due process, I felt this is wrong after all how long it will be before the fine folks in Washington trim a little fat of off the constitution and just eliminate due process all together. It bothered me to no end being told by an Officer do violate the constitution like what happened while we were in New Orleans (4th Amendment).I often look at my understanding of all matters political to be a work in progress. One of my core beliefs comes from Judaism’s concept of social justice or justice should be evenly distributed to all persons not just the wealthy.

1 comment:

LisaPal said...

That's exactly why (almost) every single person in my Jewish repertoire of family, friends, and loved ones is liberal. That social justice thing does it (almost) every time. By the way, I had to include that "almost" because of only one person, and he's kinda nuts.